Our parent leader programs develop leadership skills among parents of children with disabilities and special health care needs. These programs appeal to various adult learning styles, including: traditional workshops, webinars, experiential learning, coaching, mentoring, and independent study.
Parent leaders serve many roles throughout Maryland, providing vital support for families with children with disabilities and the communities in which they live by:
- Hosting resource tables at community events
- Starting a support group in their community
- Providing training and workshops to others in their community
- Serving on local and/or statewide advisory boards
- Providing resources and information to other parents
- Speaking on behalf of families to improve services