- This event has passed.
Howard County, Fulton: ‘2015 Transition Symposium – Don’t Panic! Plan Now!!!’ For Parents & their Students with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities
February 21, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:15 pm EST
(Snow Date 2/28)
PLENARY SPEAKERS: Peter Gerhardt Ed.D. — Adaptive Behavior and Resiliency. Dr. Gerhardt has more than 30 years’ experience utilizing ABA principles to support adolescents and adults with autism.
Diane Dressler — Overview of the work of HCAS’ Housing Sub-Committee. Throughout her 35-year career Ms. Dressler has worked to create and imple- ment systems supporting community inclusion for persons with disabilities.
CONCURRENT WORKSHOPS (Attendees will be able to attend two workshops)
1) Resource Coordinators in Maryland Medical Management and Rehabilitative Services (MMARS RC,INC.) Service Coordination Inc.
Total Care Centers for Support
2) How to support your child in their journey – Zosia Zaks, MS, M.Ed., CRC, Hussman Center for Adults
3) Transitioning Youth – – Danielle Lyons, Statewide Coordinator for Transition and Supported Employment
4) Special Needs Trust – Louise Gonzales, attorney with Hylton & Gonzales
5) SSDI & SSI — Ken Nibali, J.D.
6) Person Centered Planning – Melonee Clark, Youth Transitioning Specialist
7) Employment – Speaker,TBD
8) Housing – Diane Dressler,Consultant
9) Self-Advocates Panel—Ryan Dworski, Eric Zimmerman and Alan Moskowitz
DOOR PRIZE: Apple I-Pad Mini —value $240; drawing at 5:05 pm. Must be present to win.
8:00 – 9:00 a.m. Registration, Coffee, Light Breakfast;NETWORKING
9:00-12:30 p.m. Plenary with Dr. Gerhardt and Ms. Dressler
12:30-1:00 p.m. BoxedLunch
1:30-3:00 p.m. Concurrent Workshops — Session A
3:00-3:30 p.m. NETWORKING and Snacks
3:30-5:00 p.m. Concurrent Workshops — Session B
5:15 Conference Concludes
REGISTER TODAY: $30/PERSON (includes breakfast and lunch)
(Scholarships are available, please call 410-290-3466 toapply.) ONSITE: $40/PERSON
Contact: Shana Wienecke
* PPMD Event