- This event has passed.
Howard County, Sensory-Friendly Madagascar, A Musical Adventure
December 10, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
Introducing Sensory-Friendly Performances at Red Branch Theatre
Our sensory-friendly is designed to be more accessible to those on the autism spectrum or others with sensory sensitivities.
Madagascar, A Musical Adventure: When Alex the lion and the rest of his friends from New York’s Central Park Zoo wind up busting out of captivity, a mad-cap adventure ensues. Based on the blockbuster DreamWorks film of the same name, this high-energy stage adaptation contains all of your favorite characters as well as your favorite dance hit “I Like to Move It!”
Family theatre fun FOR EVERYONE is here just in time for the holidays.
How will our Sensory-Friendly Performance of Madagascar be different?
– House lights will be left on at a low level
– Other lighting effects will be reduced in intensity or eliminated completely
– Sound levels will be adjusted to a lower level
– Selected technical effects will be adjusted to reduce startling or surprising moments
– Space will be reserved between each party to allow extra room for those who might need to “move it move it” while they watch the show, or exit a row during the performance
– Preparatory materials will be provided ahead of the performance to help families know what to expect from both the performance and the performance experience
– Patrons are permitted to bring personal sensory supports for their use during the performance, as well as personal communication aids (iPads, smartphones, and other devices).
– A designated “break space” will be available in the lobby for those who might feel overwhelmed or need to take a quiet moment.
Tickets range in price from $15 to $20 and are on sale now
Our box office staff is excited to help you find the perfect seats for your family!
* PPMD Event