- This event has passed.
Montgomery County, Anxiety: Essential Strategies for Effective Treatment
October 14, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
The Center for Communication & Learning and Georgetown Psychology Associates are pleased to announce the 4th annual Innovators in Education conference. The conference will be held on Saturday, October 14, 2017 at The Universities at Shady Grove University of Maryland. We are very excited to be sponsoring Dr. Tamar Chansky and Jessica Minahan,both distinguished speaker in the field of anxiety.
Mind Matters: The Neuroscience of Child Anxiety
Dr. Catherine McCarthy
How to Help Pressure Cooker Kids Who Worry Too Much
Tamar Chansky, Ph.D.
- Changing Our Implicit Mindset of Fear and Befriending Uncertainty
- How to Outsmart Fear and Worry: Preventing the Downward Spiral
- Tools for School and Beyond: Managing Perfectionism, Procrastination, Social Fears, Test Anxiety and….Success!
A Closer Look: Advanced Conceptualization and Treatment Approaches
Tamar Chansky, Ph.D.
- Key CBT Interventions for Specific Anxiety Disorders in Treatment: Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- When Anxiety is Running the Show: Partnering with Families & Schools in Treatment
Between A Rock and a Calm Place
Jessica Minahan, M.Ed, BCBA
- Delving Deeper: New & Effective Interventions for Students with Anxiety
- Supporting Self-Regulation, Initiation, and Persistence in Anxious Students
- Kids Who Challenge Us: Practical Strategies for Students with Anxiety-Related and Oppositional Behavior
Dr. Catherine McCarthy is board certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Adult Psychiatry with a private practice in McLean, Virginia. She specializes in the treatment pediatric anxiety disorders, as well as ADHD and developmental disorders. Dr. McCarthy has served on the Executive Council of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Society of Greater Washington and provides adjunct teaching of medical students and residents at the University of Virginia. She has been named as a “Top Doctor” by every Washingtonian Magazine “Top Doctors” issue since 2008. In her keynote address, Dr. McCarthy will focus on the neuroscience of anxiety disorders and evidence-based treatment approaches
Dr. Tamar Chansky is a psychologist and author of Freeing Your Child from Anxiety, Freeing Your Child from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Freeing Your Child from Negative Thinking, and Freeing Yourself from Anxiety: The 4-Step Plan to Overcome Worry and Create the Life You Want. She is also the creator of the educational website: worrywisekids.org. Dr. Chansky will provide an all-day workshop focusing on the science and theory of childhood anxiety and practical solutions to support children and teens at home, in school and with peers. The afternoon will provide more detailed discussion of clinical interventions.
Jessica Minahan is a board-certified behavior analyst, special educator and author of The Behavior Code: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Teaching the Most Challenging Students and The Behavior Code Companion: Strategies, Tools, and Interventions for Supporting Students with Anxiety-Related or Oppositional Behaviors. She is also the Director of Behavioral Services at Neuropsychology & Education Services for Children and Adolescents (NESCA), adjunct professor at Boston University, and a featured blogger at The Huffington Post. Jessica will provide a half-day afternoon workshop for educators, clinicians, and parents detailing specific school and home-based interventions.
Learn More: https://conta.cc/2t9dLPT
* PPMD Event