- This event has passed.
Prince George’s County, “8th Annual Special Education Clinic and Resource Fair”
March 30 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Learn to Advocate for Appropriate Special Education Services
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Parents As Equal IEP Team Members (what to do before, during and after the meeting), presented by Heather Luke (The Parents’ Place of MD)
- 11 am – 12 pm: Navigating the Transition from H.S. to Adulthood, presented by Liz Burley, Retired Transition Specialist
- 11 am – 12 pm: Workshop in Spanish: Navegando la Transición de la Secundaria a la Adultez, presentado por Susana Barrios
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Navigating PGCPS Department of Special Education, presented by PGCPS Department of Special Education
SPECIAL EDUCATION CLINIC:
- Meet with an Attorney or Advocate*
- Meet with Representatives from Prince George’s County Public Schools
- Find Disability and Community Resources
The Special Education Coalition of Prince George’s County
- A partnership of family members, special education advocates, service providers, and nonprofit organizations.
- We work together to improve the educational services received by students with disabilities in Prince George’s County Public Schools.
*Call Disability Rights Maryland at 800-233-7201, ext. 2516 by March 27th to make an appointment to meet with an
attorney. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Accommodations available upon request.
* PPMD Event