- This event has passed.
Webinar: ‘Supporting Students with Epilepsy & Seizures in Schools: What You Need to Know School’
September 15, 2015 @ 8:00 pm - 9:15 pm EDT
When a child with seizures and epilepsy goes to school it can be challenging for parents and school personnel. There are many things to consider. You want to make sure the child is safe and feels supported. And you want the child to be able to participate in all the activities and learning experiences the school has to offer. This is a balancing act that requires the parents, teachers, school nurses and others to work together to understand the child’s needs, be educated about epilepsy and seizures, and help the student thrive in the school environment.
During this webinar, our expert presenters will provide practical tips, tools and guidance to help you:
- Understand how epilepsy and its treatment may affect a student in a school setting.
- Know when to consider reasonable accommodations and 504 plans
- Be able to develop and use a seizure response plan and ensure your student receives appropriate care during a seizure.
- Create a safe and supportive learning environment
- Learn where schools can get help with educating school personnel and students about epilepsy
Contact: Mary Wontrop
* PPMD Event