POSITION: Program Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director / Director of Finance & Administration
STATUS: Full-time Hybrid 40 hours, 12 months, At-will non-exempt Employee
Program Assistant role is currently based in Glen Burnie, MD, and will provide coordination and support to PPMD leadership team members. This includes support in all administrative tasks as required; handling non-routine information and carrying out activities following general guidelines with limited direction while exercising independent thinking and discretion.
The successful candidate will possess attention to detail, high energy, flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization. This individual will need to work well in a team environment. The duties and administrative functions will require initiative, sound decision-making, independent judgment and the ability to escalate serious or unique problems to leadership.
- Work with the IT consultant on management of the organization’s IT solutions, computer and equipment list
- Support staff with IT needs and requests
Payroll and Benefits
- Prepares and submits bi-weekly payroll reports to ADP and maintains & enters payroll records
- Responsible for onboarding and offboarding of employees and retaining relevant human resource records
- Submit and prepare bi-weekly timesheets online and ensure accuracy of information
- Updates and manages employee’s fringe benefits reports online
- Reconciles and completes expense reports
- Keep track of, format, and support lead staff of due dates and submit grant reports
- Set up and schedule zoom/meeting and reminders for trainings
- Print and organize copies for trainings and mail training materials
- Check, reorder, and organize supplies/materials
- Ensure all participants receive certificates
- Process Volunteer applications
- Process PPMD Training and resource fair requests
- Communications/mailing as needed
- Scheduling & reminders for all PPMD events and trainings
- Keep track of the annual fundraising registration list and send mailing labels to the Speaker’s office
- Post and receive job applications and schedule interviews with the candidates
- Manage travel for staff
- Support leadership with administrative support
- Prepares logistics for meetings, including printing of materials, maintenance of calendar invites, greeting guests, and preparing technology-related
- Assists with scheduling board meetings, preparing and disseminating
- Keep track of annual board forms and minutes
- Check and distribute mail daily
- Conducts occasional research on varying topics to support
- Work collaboratively with Senior Leadership and the Executive Director
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Computer expertise in Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent planning, communication & organizational skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion, and judgment
- Experience with Form Assembly is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and QuickBooks is a plus
- Reliable transportation
- Bilingual is a plus
Salary will be determined depending upon qualifications and experience. Parents of children with disabilities and/or special health care needs are encouraged to apply.
The Parents’ Place of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by the federal and Maryland state law.
We have no opportunities at this time.
The Parents' Place of Maryland (PPMD) is an EEO employer. PPMD values diverse perspectives and life experiences. The organization encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including parents of individuals with disabilities, people who are bilingual, people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with lived experiences. It is the policy of PPMD that all of the programs, employment practices, and activities of the organization or any of its contractors, vendors, grantees or volunteers will be conducted without regard to any person’s race, color, national origin, marital status, disabled or Vietnam era veteran status, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, HIV/AIDS, or any other protected class.