Bilingual Parent Educator
Full Time Bilingual Parent Educator to Support Families Navigating Special Education and Healthcare
Join a fast-paced team in an informal and supportive environment with a commitment to diversity and equity. Help families navigate the special education and health care system to become their child’s best advocate. Responsibilities include providing accurate and timely information, training and assistance to parents and professionals on special education services. This position may qualify for remote working within the state of MD.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fluent in Spanish and English, both spoken and written.
- Respond to inquiries from families and professionals on special education and healthcare policies and procedures.
- Assist families with children birth – 26 years of age become advocates for their children in the educational, health, and community settings.
- Develop and implement trainings (electronically and in-person) to meet the needs of families.
- Assist in development and distribution of informational materials and newsletters.
- Collect and enter data using a CMS system, Salesforce
- Proficient in Zoom and Teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce Experience a Plus
- High School diploma- 2-year degree in social sciences preferred
- Parent/guardian of a child with a disability or special healthcare needs age birth – 26
- Experience with special education laws, policies, processes and procedures
- Public speaking and/or trainings
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge in special education and general education systems.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including clarity and articulation of thought, appropriate grammar, style, form and punctuation.
- Problem solving, motivational and excellent listening skills.
- An ability to multi task while being detail oriented.
- Represents PPMD, as assigned, at meetings of selected task force groups, interagency councils, advisory board, commissions, etc., attend event fairs and other meetings/trainings to share PPMD information.
- Ability to lift, on occasion, up to 20 pounds
- Maintain a current Driver’s License and insurance
Hours: 30-40 hours per week, some nights and weekends
Applicants MUST include a statement highlighting your passion as to why you want to work with families of children with disabilities and special health care needs.
Salary will be determined depending upon qualifications and experience.
Parents of children with disabilities and/or special health care needs are encouraged to apply.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match the job requirement.
We have no opportunities at this time.
The Parents' Place of Maryland (PPMD) is an EEO employer. PPMD values diverse perspectives and life experiences. The organization encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including parents of individuals with disabilities, people who are bilingual, people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with lived experiences. It is the policy of PPMD that all of the programs, employment practices, and activities of the organization or any of its contractors, vendors, grantees or volunteers will be conducted without regard to any person’s race, color, national origin, marital status, disabled or Vietnam era veteran status, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, HIV/AIDS, or any other protected class.