– What is an ABLE account?
– What is a Special Needs Trust
– How an ABLE account can compliment a Special needs Trust
– The difference between a First & Third Party Trust
ABLE accounts allow individuals who receive benefits to maintain those benefits while building assets in a tax advantaged account. This session will provide an overview of the ABLE Act, a look at the features and specifications of the Maryland ABLE plan, information on treatment of account funds, and an opportunity for questions and answers.
Among the topics to be covered are:
– What is a Special Needs Trust?
– What is the ABLE Account?
– What are the benefits and drawbacks of both?
– What are the questions every family should ask before opening a Special Needs Trust or ABLE account?
Guest speaker is Mr. Stephen Elville, principal of Elville and Associates. Mr. Elville’s work is centered in elder law, special needs planning, and estate planning with special emphasis in the areas of tax planning and asset protection.